[OSGeo-Conf] result of the board vote

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Aug 5 07:41:45 PDT 2013

Congratulations Darrell and the Portland team on behalf of OSGeo.

I will let you work with the OSGeo Conference Committee here in regards
to when to announce this.  You might also work with this committee right
away to get a 5 minute slot in the final plenary of FOSS4G Nottingham
next month to announce your event (please start moving on this now).

And thanks to the DC team as well, as this obviously was maybe the
toughest decision in FOSS4G history.  A good sign of how strong our
OSGeo community is.

-jeff
OSGeo President