[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G 2014 Bid Q&A Period - calling on help from FOSS4G LOC members to help select FOSS4G 2014

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 14:52:02 PDT 2013

I agree with Jeff's suggestion that we should invite global and regional
FOSS4G chairs and LOC members to join the OSGeo conference committee.
LOC committee members typically have gathered significant knowledge in
running FOSS4G events, and we should tap into this experience in
deciding on the next FOSS4G.

This is particularly pertinent this time around as a number of our
committee members have withdrawn from voting as they are involved in one
of the North America FOSS4G bids.

Current members are listed here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Committee#Current_Members

Please speak up if you have experience with running FOSS4G events, and
can spare some time to help select future events. (This will involve you
voting on which city will hold FOSS4G 2014). Once you have spoken up, we
can go through the motion of formalising that in our wiki.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Solutions Manager

Think Globally, Fix Locally