[OSGeo-Conf] question from non-member of the conference-committee - students

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 16:00:47 PDT 2013

Jachym,
Discounts are a challenge to work with, every group thinks they deserve one:
* Students,
* Developing nations,
* Speakers,
* Media,
* Membership organizations (in return for marketing to their members)

And general members want their fees kept to a minimum.

I'm more inclined to keep the budget simple, minimise discounts. Note
also that foss4g is an international conference, with half attendees
paying more for travel than for entrance fees, so student discounts is
only likely to impact student attendance from the local region.