[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G 2014 Bid Q&A Period

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Thu Jul 4 03:12:34 PDT 2013

> As Paul I do not care too much about live streaming. People should
> come to the conference live. But having the video / screencasts
> available after the conference for later use is a really good thing.

Hi Arnulf,

You forget about people, who would love to attend but cannot travel (for
example they live in Indonesia and don't have big salary), are
unfortunately too far away from the preferred continents of FOSS4G (Europe
and North America), can't easily get a Visa or whatever else reason.
And I think nobody needs a FOSS4G with more than 1000 attendants either if
you say like "people should come to the conference live" ;-)

I think FOSS4G has a pretty big spending on organizing expenses. It's not
really a low-budget event such as FOSSGIS maybe.
So for the spread of information about FOSS4G having a budget for live
streaming should be possible, no? I thought this is the mission of OSGeo.
I think there is much more information in a presentation than in a
screencast and slides for download. You would reach a lot more people with
live screencasts and others can also do it with a smaller budget (see SotM).

Daniel

> Cheers,
> Arnulf
>
> On 07/03/2013 09:07 PM, Paul Ramsey wrote:
>

> http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/proposals/2014/2014_Proposal_Portland_Budget.xls
>

> http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/proposals/2014/2014_Proposal_Washington_Budget.xlsx
>

> --
> Seven of Nine