[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G 2014 Bid Q&A Period - recording presentations

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Thu Jul 4 15:26:22 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 2:13 PM, Cameron Shorter
<cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. Provide a web portal or similar for the general public to link to, and/or
> upload conference videos.

YouTube, Vimeo, have existed for a long while.

> 2. Invite presenters to ask a friend to record them.
> 3. Invite presenters to edit their own presentations. (provide a HOWTO
> showing how to do this).

This seems beyond polyanna'ish. How much of this is happening now
organically (hint: none)

> 4. Also invite the general audience if they could do the same.
> The outcome would result is reduced quality presentations (which I don't see
> as a major problem), and probably only 50% or so of presentations would be
> recorded, but it would reduce the cost of this line item to close to $0.

OSM managed very professional recordings of their proceedings, and
they generally work on tight dollars, do we know how they pulled that
of?

P.