[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G 2014 Bid Q&A Period - recording presentations

Andrew Ross andrew.ross at eclipse.org
Thu Jul 4 16:13:54 PDT 2013

On 07/04/2013 06:40 PM, Darrell Fuhriman wrote:

> On Jul 4, 2013, at 15:26, Paul Ramsey <pramsey at cleverelephant.ca> wrote:
>> OSM managed very professional recordings of their proceedings, and
>> they generally work on tight dollars, do we know how they pulled that
>> of?
> Yes, for State of the Map US at least. That's who I got my numbers from, though I added about 20% to be safe. :)
>
> d.

Just in case it's useful information, my team recorded SotM 2011 for
$1500. We've done other similar sized conferences (3 rooms, 2 days) like
PGCon, BSDCan, FSOSS, etc. for the same. Travel costs to exotic
locations aside, the costs seem to scale roughly linear for larger
events like FOSS4G, EclipseCon, etc.

Andrew