[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G 2014 Bid Q&A Period - recording presentations

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at lisasoft.com
Thu Jul 4 16:48:54 PDT 2013

On 5/07/2013 9:13 AM, Andrew Ross wrote:
> On 07/04/2013 06:40 PM, Darrell Fuhriman wrote:
>>
>> On Jul 4, 2013, at 15:26, Paul Ramsey <pramsey at cleverelephant.ca> wrote:
>>> OSM managed very professional recordings of their proceedings, and
>>> they generally work on tight dollars, do we know how they pulled that
>>> of?
>> Yes, for State of the Map US at least. That's who I got my numbers
>> from, though I added about 20% to be safe. :)
>>
>> d.
>
> Just in case it's useful information, my team recorded SotM 2011 for
> $1500. We've done other similar sized conferences (3 rooms, 2 days)
> like PGCon, BSDCan, FSOSS, etc. for the same. Travel costs to exotic
> locations aside, the costs seem to scale roughly linear for larger
> events like FOSS4G, EclipseCon, etc.

Andrew, it would be useful to understand the variables used to calculate
recording costs, as I'd expect to see different constants resulting in a
$1500 cost for SotM vs $50,000 or $67,000 cost for FOSS4G.

--
Cameron Shorter
Software and Data Solutions Manager

Think Globally, Fix Locally
Geospatial & Data Solutions enhanced with Open Standards and Open Source
http://www.lisasoft.com

--

The contents of this email are confidential and may be subject to legal or