[OSGeo-Conf] Any other questions for the Washington, DC LOC?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 14:23:17 PDT 2013

On 08/07/13 12:48, Eddie Pickle wrote:
> Speaking on behalf of the Washington, DC LOC, I believe we've answered
> all of the questions regarding our bid for FOSS4G 2014. Please let me
> know if there are other questions we can still address.

Eddie,
I'm still waiting on a response to questions from me and Jeroen about
percentage of profit shared between OSGeo and Eclipse. As it stands, I
understand that the Washington proposal is still requesting ~ 50% of
expected profit to be provided to the Eclipse Foundation. As an OSGeo
board member I'm not comfortable with this split.

If the Washington proposal is not wishing to move from this split, I'd
wish to raise the issue with the OSGeo board before going to final vote.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Solutions Manager

Think Globally, Fix Locally