[OSGeo-Conf] Tax Implications of FOSS4G - Again

Darrell Fuhriman darrell at garnix.org
Mon Jul 15 14:56:46 PDT 2013

> Yes, you are right. There are many aspects of FOSS4G events which keep getting re-discovered by the volunteers working on FOSS4G every year.
> I'm hoping to see all these ideas gradually collated into our FOSS4G Cookbook wiki [1] as we understand them and work them out. (This idea about tax included).
>
> [1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Cookbook

Just to be clear, I'm not arguing that there should be a Cookbook for figuring out the tax issues, I'm arguing that OSGeo should have a structure in place, that persists from year to year, and which each LOC works in the context of. The tax and organizational issues need to be solved once, not annually.

Darrell