[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G 2014 RFP Vote

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Tue Jul 16 08:34:46 PDT 2013

All,

You will, like me, be displeased to hear that voting results are

3 - Abstain
5 - DC
5 - Portland

Some random notes:

* Mark and Arnulf also voted (hi guys!) even though they aren't on the
committee [1], so their votes aren't counted (and they cancelled each
other out in any event).

* The three abstentions are all due to members participating in the DC
event or (me) declaring a perceived conflict of interest wrt DC.

* With the exception of Peter, none of the voters is actually in North
America! (Well, actually Gavin *is* in NA right now, but on a trip.
And Peter is actually in the UK right now. And he's British. We live
in an odd world.)

* A few of the voters indicated that while the proposals were both
very good they preferred the relative international ease of access of
DC. (see above)

* One voter, while voting for DC, suggested that Portland be given the
next NA event.

I'm going to let anarchy reign for one day, and then tell you all
what's next after some discussion with the board, who are the final
arbiters in these matters in any event.

P.

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Committee