[OSGeo-Conf] Fwd: FOSS4G 2014 LOI Question & Answer Phase

seven@arnulf.us seven at arnulf.us
Fri May 17 04:01:24 PDT 2013

Folks,
instead of leaving the workshop selection open for experiments yet again I suggest we simply prescribe how to do it. In simple words something like:
* Graduated OSGeo projects get precedence over incubating projects over others. * Each project is guaranteed to get the *chance* to apply for one slot.
* If a graduated project does not (convincingly) confirm until x weeks before the conference that they can pull it off and that there will be interest, then slots are filled up by other active projects.
* Individuals and parties / orgs may wish to collaborate on joint workshops.
* Ideally a few slots should be reserved for workshops that may be not tech related, like Edu and Data committee.

Final adjudication lies with the LOC!!!

Maybe we could even propose that rejections are issued a week before confirmations giving the rejected parties the opportunity to collaborate with accepted parties, complain, get all heated up with the LOC and then pacified so that we don't have this public discussion making look us just a bit foolish. And maybe this last idea is just completely insane and would only lead to WW 3...

But /me believes that there is is so much experience in this conf committee that we will surly find a good solution to go forward.

Cheers,
Arnulf

--
Arnulf Christl (aka Seven)