[OSGeo-Conf] [Foss4g2013] presentation selection [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Fri May 24 07:07:11 PDT 2013

On 2013/05/23 2:16 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> Karel,
> I like your idea of having an automated system for providing feedback to
> presenters, and think a system could be worked out.
>
> There could be standard feedback options of:
> * Congratulations, you have been selected
> * Sorry, community ranked you low
> * Due to multiple presentations on this topic, your presentation was not
> selected
> * Due to multiple presentations from you, this presentation was not
> selected
> * ... and a few others
>
> Next step:
> * Someone updates our voting software to provide this functionality
> * Then update our FOSS4G Cookbook with a Howto run a selection process

How about using a mechanism such as the Google Summer of Code
for a project that installs/configures the current voting
software on an OSGeo server (i.e. for use by every FOSS4G LOC,
so they don't have to "roll their own"), along with enhancements
to the software to implement additional functionality?

--
Dave Patton
Victoria, B.C.

Degree Confluence Project: