[OSGeo-Conf] Searching for Chair

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Sep 26 14:18:30 PDT 2013

Andrew,

I believe Paul meant an ongoing chair, as opposed to the temporary role he
has been dragged in to serve issuing RFPs and so forth.   Not full time as
in a full time job.  I'd imagine the chair's job to be relatively light but
it would include ensuring that RFPs get issued, that the decision process
proceeds in an orderly way, that the long terms documents on how to run the
conference are updated, and that the committee is renewed.

The matter came up when I wanted someone to formally invite Stephen Feldman
to join the committee (as we should be doing with past FOSS4G chairs).

I prodded Paul to ask since I'm no longer formally on this committee.

Best regards,
Frank

warmerdam at pobox.com