[OSGeo-Conf] Fwd: Re: [Board] 2015 North American conference

Andrew Ross andrew.ross at eclipse.org
Mon Apr 28 08:32:15 PDT 2014

Hi Eli,

Thank you for the thoughts.

Stating the obvious, 2015 is an event and related but decoupled from
future events.

I'm happy to participate in an open dialogue brainstorming for future
events.

For what it's worth, I agree that it doesn't make a lot of sense to host
a regional FOSS4G & Global FOSS4G in the same region in the same year.
Just my opinion, but ideally they are one and the same that year.

IMHO, people have come to expect the Global event in the fall so that's
pretty important. Spring could work well too, but would need to be
planned well in advance so people know and it could avoid conflicting
events.

If you don't mind sharing, what kinds of things do you have in mind for
benefits & things to look out for?

Kind regards,

Andrew