[OSGeo-Conf] question period for FOSS4G 2015 RFP - this week

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 03:46:20 PDT 2014

On 17/03/14 20:11, Steven Feldman wrote:
> Questions from me for the Korean team to get things started
>
>  1. What language(s) will you use at the conference? Can you reach the
>     Asian FOSS4G community while retaining interest from the english
>     speakers?
>  2. Do you have any ideas of overall delegate costs?

3. It is good to hear about Korea's prior experience with local FOSS4G
events. Such experience has proven very valuable for prior events. Can
you please talk about how many people have been attracted to prior local
FOSS4G related events.

4. If possible, I'd be interested to hear further about interest from
other regional chapters and regional events that you have mentioned. In
particular, it would be good to hear how other events could be
synchronised with FOSS4G to attract more delegates.

5. FOSS4G has traditionally attracted ~ 75% of its attendance from the
local region (Asia in this case). If FOSS4G Korea only attracted minimal
attendance from Europe/US (say 50 people), would you expect that FOSS4G
Korea would still be financially viable?

--
Cameron Shorter,
Software and Data Solutions Manager