[OSGeo-Conf] question period for FOSS4G 2015 RFP - this week

Sanghee Shin shshin at gaia3d.com
Mon Mar 17 22:01:06 PDT 2014

Dear Cameron,

Here are my answers:

3. OSGeo Korean Chapter started FOSS4G Korea in 2011. In 2011, we attracted around 50 and in 2012, around 80 and last year around 120+ people attended FOSS Korea 2013. And KAOS-G's 'Open Source GIS Solution Day' attracted around 100 people in last August.

4. At first, Prof. Venkatesh in Osaka University is now trying to organize FOSS4G Asia in this Autumn. I and Venka exchanged an idea about merging next year's FOSS4G Asia into FOSS4G 2015 Jeju when Venka visited Korea last year. And many Japan chapter members including Toru Mori, representative of Japan Chapter, showed their strong support for FOSS4G Juju. Also we'll reach and talk to other Asian FOSS4G community. We've already noticed several FOSS4G related events in Asia including Malaysia, India and Sri Lanka.

5. Actually we don't think much about numbers of delegates from EU/NA specifically. According to our initial budget estimation, we need to attract at least 600 paid delegates to have a gain. I think we also need to attract many people from Australia/New Zealand with your help.:)

All the best,

Sanghee
---
Shin, Sanghee
Gaia3D, Inc. - Helping Earth Sustainable
http://www.gaia3d.com
Tel : +82-(0)2-3397-3475
Fax : +82-(0)2-3397-3478

2014. 3. 17., 오후 7:46, Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com> 작성: