[OSGeo-Conf] MOTION: let South-Korea advance to the second stage for FOSS4G 2015

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Mar 25 09:50:48 PDT 2014

I feel the same Cameron.  I look back at FOSS4G Cape Town in 2008 as a
crucial part of the growth of Open Source geo across the globe; the
community there is still thriving and growing (I'll return there for the
3rd time this summer for FOSS).  The same will be said for FOSS4G in KR.
 Of course I speak from experience, having had boots on the ground this
year at their FOSS4G-KR event.  I've felt the passion of the OSGeo-KR
community myself.

Reminds me, I heard these same concerns for FOSS4G Sydney - and you and
your community's passion now are proof of the long lasting benefits of
such an event (one could argue a big part of the LiveDVD roots can be
traced back to the passion planted in 2009).

-jeff