[OSGeo-Conf] Final proposal for hosting FOSS4G 2015 in Seoul, Korea

Steven Feldman shfeldman at gmail.com
Sun May 4 13:57:55 PDT 2014

Sanghee

Thanks for your proposal.

Others have raised questions about the venue, organisation etc. I am going to focus on the budget, boring stuff for many but a topic that I understand well based on our experience in 2013.

Your three scenarios include a 10% allowance for non paying attendees. Who are these non payers?
You mention offering a 50% discount for delegates from low income countries but this discount does not appear in your figures. Have you modelled the likely number and cost.
Do you intend to offer a special rate for students and/or volunteers?
Your sponsorship forecast looks very high to me based on our experience in 2013. A 20% reduction in sponsorship turns your small surplus into a loss.
The guideline ‘full conference’ price is $600. Can you explain why you have chosen an ‘early bird’ of $364 and a regular of $455?
Will you be seeking any financial underwriting or guarantee from OSGeo?

Best regards
______
Steven