[OSGeo-Conf] Final proposal for hosting FOSS4G 2015 in Seoul, Korea

Sanghee Shin shshin at gaia3d.com
Wed May 7 03:19:35 PDT 2014

Dear Steven,

Thank you for your inquiries.

Here are our answers to your inquiries.

1.Non payers are mainly from sponsors and supporters. We'll give them free passes as described in our budget estimation. And invited speakers also will be counted as non-payers. And as far as I know, workshop trainer is free. Isn't it? Anyway to be conservative, we put 10% allowance.

2. Actually it's very hard to estimate that, since this will be the first time FOSS4G employing this policy. We assumed that number of delegates from low income countries will be less than 20. If you look over the low and low-middle countries from here http://data.worldbank.org/about/country-classifications/country-and-lending-groups#Low_income , you may find that not so many delegates has attended FOSS4G so far. However I hope this 'half for low-income countries' be a tradition of FOSS4G. I believe that it can be a symbolic policy of disseminating FOSS4G spirits all around the world.

3. Yep. We have a plan to offer discounted rate to students, but not to volunteers or LOC members.

4, 5. Yep. We aimed high. We try to lower down the registration fee as low as possible to remove the barrier to FOSS4G 2015. Personally I think that recent years' FOSS4G registration fee is somewhat high that it excluded the attending from many countries. However I should admit that if we fail to achieve the sponsorship target, we may need to back to original recommended fee, that is USD 600.

6. We don't think we need any underwriting or guarantee from OSGeo at the moment.

Hope my answers increase your understanding on our proposal.

Thanks and regards,

Sanghee
---
Shin, Sanghee
Gaia3D, Inc. - Helping Earth Sustainable
http://www.gaia3d.com
Tel : +82-(0)2-3397-3475
Fax : +82-(0)2-3397-3478

2014. 5. 4., 오후 10:57, Steven Feldman <shfeldman at gmail.com> 작성: