[OSGeo-Conf] Final proposal for hosting FOSS4G 2015 in Seoul, Korea

Sanghee Shin shshin at gaia3d.com
Wed May 7 05:41:26 PDT 2014

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for your own detailed explanation about venue and circumstances that other committee members might not know.

1. Smart Geo Expo : More than 80 companies & institutions including Samsung Electronics, Google, Sokkia, Trimble, Topcon, ESRI Korea, Leica, exhibited their products there in Smart Geo Expo. And more than 10,000 people visited exhibition booth and attended several seminars & conferences. You can get more information on Smart Geo Expo here : http://smartgeoexpo.kr/eng/main

2. Regarding workshops : We have a plan to have a workshop on Monday and Tuesday as usually, those are 14th, 15th Sep 2015. TOZ is franchised professional meeting facility which is located at several hot places all around Seoul. We plan to have a workshop at another bigger TOZ in Gangnam district. We estimate that 4 concurrent rooms would be fine for workshop. Last year there was 5 concurrent workshops in Nottingham. Anyway if workshop would get much popularity than we expected, we also can book COEX room.

3. Ice-breaking party & Gala dinner : Your proposal is worth to listen to. We'll discuss the options you proposed.

4. LOC members: Yep. We surely include other country's OSGeo guys to LOC not only from Japan but also from other Asia countries. And for the academic track, we also need to contact past members.

5. Wireless Internet : We already put the cost there in the budget estimation for the stable & fast wireless internet access, since complimentary internet access could not guarantee that.

I also hope we could enjoy Soju with you & all other FOSS4G guys in Seoul next year.

With regards,

Sanghee
---
Shin, Sanghee
Gaia3D, Inc. - Helping Earth Sustainable
http://www.gaia3d.com
Tel : +82-(0)2-3397-3475
Fax : +82-(0)2-3397-3478

2014. 5. 5., 오후 3:56, Jeff McKenna <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com> 작성: