[OSGeo-Conf] Final proposal for hosting FOSS4G 2015 in Seoul, Korea

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sat May 10 06:28:14 PDT 2014

On 2014-05-09, 6:34 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:

> Also, be very mindful of the lessons learned from FOSS4G Beijing [1],
> which was cancelled.

It is the responsibility of every OSGeo Conference Committee member, and
OSGeo Board member, to keep this lesson learned in mind.  Make no
mistake, the hosting decision is very important, I've heard a lot of
people say what does the Conf Committee do etc through the years, well,
we all learned in 2012.  There were of course warning signs...anyway but
yes please every Conference Committee and Board member must learn from
this.  I personally do not agree with throwing this message at the
Korean local committee, who are working so hard to be open and
passionate - it is on us to be mindful.

-jeff