[OSGeo-Conf] the board passed a motion to award FOSS4G 2015 to South-Korea

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu May 15 15:02:59 PDT 2014

Hi Sanghee,
Congratulations.
One organisation tool which have worked well for prior FOSS4G events is
to set up a wiki to collect your ideas as you go along. It can start out
small and you can then fill in content as the conference gets closer.
The wiki we used for foss4g 2009 is at:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009

In particular, we found it very useful for collaboratively creating
press releases, which then becomes an archive after the press release
was put out. (You might find it useful to refer back to prior press
releases when crafting your own press release.)

Here are the 2009 press releases:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2009_Press_Releases

And I confirm that I'm happy to help review your press release if you wish.

--
Cameron Shorter,
Software and Data Solutions Manager