[OSGeo-Conf] [Board] FOSS4G Discount for Charter Members proposal

Darrell Fuhriman darrell at garnix.org
Fri Sep 5 10:32:57 PDT 2014

Well, plenty of PCOs can and do handle global events.

It seems entirely reasonable to me that if you’re going to run global events, you should pick a PCO that can do that, small and scrappy, large and corporate, local or remote.

I think the benefits of consistency far outweigh the downsides of working with a larger organization. And if it’s anything like our experience, even within a large organization you’ll have a couple of people assigned to your account and they’re who you’ll work through, so it’s not like you’re dealing with a huge bureaucracy.

Darrell