[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G Organizing

Darrell Fuhriman darrell at garnix.org
Wed Sep 17 06:28:19 PDT 2014

6-12 months?  We were expected to do it in 2-3.

If this decision to hire a PCO takes 6-12 months, it highlights everything that is wrong with the FOSS4G process.

I think deciding about the LocationTech relationship before hiring a PCO is completely bass-ackwards.

1) Agree that we need a PCO
2a) Solicit bids from PCOs (start with the ones we’ve worked with already)
2b) Ask for an MoU from LocationTech that outlines the relationship they’re proposing
3) Choose one

This shouldn’t take more than two months unless we insist on talking it to death.

Darrell