[OSGeo-Conf] [Board] next year's representative at FOSS4G Conference

David Percy percyd at pdx.edu
Tue Apr 14 11:06:22 PDT 2015

I could see a free conference pass, for sure!

But travel expenses? That seems a bit much.

In the end it comes out of the amount generated for the OSGeo general fund
from the conference.

Thus, I think it *is* a board decision...

And, is it airfare + hotel + per diem? or some lesser combination of these
items?
Just airfare and hotel could be ~ $3000 - 4000. That is kind of "in the
noise" of a budget so big, so maybe it's not a big deal...
:-)
Percy

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 10:15 AM, Darrell Fuhriman <darrell at garnix.org>
wrote:

> This has never been the case, AFAIK.
>
> d.
>

> On Apr 13, 2015, at 05:47, Bart van den Eijnden <bartvde at osgis.nl> wrote:
>
> Hello conference committee,
>
> should the below be clarified in the RFP or is this already the case?
>
> Best regards,
> Bart
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
> *Date: *13 Apr 2015 14:12:01 CEST
> *From: *Jeff McKenna <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com>
> *To: *board at lists.osgeo.org
> *Subject: **Re: [Board] next year's representative at FOSS4G Conference*
>
> It should be included in the FOSS4G local committee's budget (so in fact
> you could consider that we/Board already support it, as we are the
> providers of the seed money).  For example, the 2016 group should budget
> for a rep at 2015 event.
>
> You might also send your message to the OSGeo Conference Committee, as it
> really isn't a Board responsibility.
>
> -jeff
>

> On 2015-04-13 9:06 AM, Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
>
> Hello board,
>
> do we have any policy in place currently for making it possible for
> somebody from next years’s conference to attend the FOSS4G conference and
> represent their conference there?
>
> If not, would it not make sense to have something in place like a travel
> allowance and free conference pass (exact package TBD)?
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Best regards,
> Bart

> Jeff McKenna
> MapServer Consulting and Training Services
> http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/

David Percy ("Percy")
-Geospatial Data Manager
-Web Map Wrangler