[OSGeo-Conf] Comments on Ottawa FOSS4G 2017 letter

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sat Aug 15 09:13:17 PDT 2015

-------- Forwarded Message --------

Good Day Jeff,

I agree a single Chair is needed to reduce confusion; I will put the
item on the Agenda for coming OSGeo meeting this coming Thursday 20
August 2015.

Once  we get the Critical path in place we will be doing a cost
comparison for the workshops.

OSGeo Ottawa will be working closely with Tourism Ottawa to promote
FOSS4G 2017 as they have a budget to promote events in Ottawa for
Canada’s 150 Anniversary in 2017, in essence Ottawa is where you want to
be in the summer of 2017.

As Ottawa is the birth place of GIS and OGeo; our objective is to focus
on this theme.

FOSS4G 2017 Ottawa – Mapping the Way to Collaboration,

Javed