[OSGeo-Conf] Code of Conduct

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 23:36:11 PST 2015

Darrell,

Maybe it was discussed in other communities  but not in this one. I'm often
annoyed by some of the discussions we have too, but saying that does not
bring us anywhere.

I'm personally not convinced that existence of   CoC would eliminate any
offences caused by some attendees. That is my opinion.

FOSS4G is free conference organised on behalf of OSGeo. The responsibility
comes from LOC to LOC every year around the globe. LOC is responsible for
the conference and shall make sure, everybody will fell good at the event
using instruments they feel are needed. You can (have to) convince LOC if
there is something you would like to stress at FOSS4G or OSGeo. They are
open to ideas, as the whole community was so far.

All I'm afraid are new rules. I personally would like FOSS4G following the
KISS principle. The more rules, the  farther we are from KISS, the less
freedom. There already is genetic rule in this community: be kind to each
other, listen to each other.

So, in the opposite of Bart, I say: we shall always keep asking, whether we
need new (or old) rules and why today's set of rules is not enough.

Jachym