[OSGeo-Conf] Code of Conduct

Camille Acey camille at boundlessgeo.com
Wed Jan 14 04:01:27 PST 2015

Jachym,

I don't think we are expecting that any one action will ensure the safety
and well being of every attendee but OSGeo can at least take steps to make
sure we set a baseline expectation of behavior (not rules, just
expectations) for the community and show that there is at least a system in
place to handle bad things if/when bad or questionable things occur and are
reported.

Just as a contributor agreement sets a baseline for those who want to make
significant contributions to a certain codebase so too should a Code of
Conduct set a baseline for anyone who wants to contribute to this
community. In FLOSS, we know that Freedom comes and is maintained  through
good stewardship of the community and the project and adherence to certain
principles.
Free as in free puppy not Free as in free-for-all.

Camille

--

Camille E. Acey

Manager, Customer Development and Partnerships| Boundless

camille at boundlessgeo.com

T: +1 917.460.7197|M: +1 347.267.2016| Skype: camilleacey

New York, NY - USA

@boundlessgeo

<https://twitter.com/boundlessgeo>

<https://twitter.com/boundlessgeo>