[OSGeo-Conf] Code of Conduct

Jeroen Ticheler jeroen.ticheler at geocat.net
Wed Jan 14 04:19:03 PST 2015

+1 also from me. I support Jachym’s KISS principle. I also don’t think that more rules make a better conference. Peter’s “based on common sense and the good education my parents gave me. Which is inherently risk prone and delicate when getting intercultural, so requires a _lot_ of care and, if ever possible, seeking advice from members of the cultures concretely involved.” is a valuable statement in this context. We all should be careful and use common sense. What may make sense is a guideline for the LOC that they can use in case something happens they feel is bad or genuinely awful.
My 2 cents, cheers,
Jeroen
GeoCat introduces Bridge©
An extension to ArcGIS© to instantly publish data and metadata on GeoServer and GeoNetwork.
See http://geocat.net <http://geocat.net/> for more details.

Jeroen Ticheler
GeoCat bv
Veenderweg 13