[OSGeo-Conf] Should we consider all the Americas for FOSS4G2017 Conference?

Ian Turton ijturton at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 05:45:07 PDT 2015

Following a brief twitter discussion - Jeff suggested I raise the idea here.

Now that we have FOSS4g-NA as a regular conference should we consider
opening up the "third" location in our conference rotation to be Americas -
i.e. North and South America instead of lumping South America in with Asia
and the Pacific (or the anywhere else group)?

I can understand the thinking back in 2010 but I know there are now large
groups in Brazil and the Spanish language group is active in South America
too.

Ian

--
Ian Turton