[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G 2016 host city

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Thu Mar 5 07:11:03 PST 2015

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 6:49 AM, Till Adams <till.adams at fossgis.de> wrote:
> Dear Eli,
>
> great idea and also a good chance to involve Peter into FOSs4G 2016. What do
> you think, Peter?
>
> Till
>

> Am 05.03.2015 15:45, schrieb Eli Adam:
>
>> Congrats to the Bonn LOC on a successful FOSS4G 2016 bid!  Now the
>> real work begins.
>>
>> The Dublin LOC raised some great ideas, like "Using the Saturday and
>> Sunday slots mean that it is much more family friendly so the
>> activities can involve children, young adults and adults."  Further
>> development of these ideas by those involved with the Dublin bid as
>> well as others could increase the audience of FOSS4G.
>>
>> Dublin/Ireland I hope to see the Local Chapter continue to grow and
>> develop.  There are several resources to help get started.  There are
>> a few resources available for assistance to Local Chapters.  There are
>> a few wiki pages, the very low volume Local Chapter mailing list,
>> http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/local-chapters, and generally
>> people willing to share their experience.  I think that this old
>> thread has some great thoughts for local chapters,
>> http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/discuss/2014-April/012842.html

Oh, I forgot to include one of my* favorite resources for new
Chapters: $500 from the Marketing Committee for an Exhibition Pack,
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Exhibition_Pack.

*The Marketing Committee appears to have varying opinions of what this
should include.  I think it should include a popup banner, some OSGeo
t-shirts, OSGeo Stickers, an OSGeo table runner, table cloth, and
other things that will help the fledgling chapter look official, grow,
and find members.  It appears that most of the members on the
Marketing Committee think that it should included less.

Cheers, Eli