[OSGeo-Conf] Any interest in chairing the committee?

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Sun May 17 18:30:15 PDT 2015

Hi conference committee,

We've been operating for some time without a chair. Paul, Jeff, and mpg
have filled in occasionally on an as-needed basis over the years. Thanks!

Is anyone interested in chairing the committee? I think the chair duties
are the same as member duties but perhaps also prompting the committee to
act and if no one steps up to do things, doing it yourself (i.e.
coordinating RFP voting process). An ambitious chair could probably do much
more.

Paul listed the member duties as fairly light,
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference_dev/2013-October/002397.html

If we don't find a chair, we might want to discuss a rotation or
distribution of the chair duties to keep things running smoothly. Again
thanks to Paul, Jeff, mpg (and probably others I'm forgetting) for filling
in on chair duties.

Best regards, Eli