[OSGeo-Conf] Announcements about FOSS4G bid schedule and bid schedule preparation?

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Thu May 21 18:44:52 PDT 2015

Hi all,

Some time ago we passed a new FOSS4G bid schedule [1].

I think that we should make announcements on this list, Discuss, news,
and OSGeo and FOSS4G twitter accounts that the bid will start soon so
that LOCs can organize and submit letters of interest. Thoughts on
this?  Should we draft an announcement on the wiki or look for an old
one to recycle?

We should also make/update the RFP details.  Here are some examples
[2], [3] and source material [4].  Are there any committee members
willing to help?  Do we want to keep the working methodology the same
(odt source and pdf output)?  Are there changes that people want to
see other than changing the region and year?  I'd like to incorporate
a reference to the recently adopted code of Conduct [5].

I'm looking forward to LOCs having sufficient time to secure venues
and other details.

Best regards, Eli

[1] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference_dev/2014-December/002794.html
[2] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2015_Bid_Process