[OSGeo-Conf] How to handle conflict of interests?

Venkatesh Raghavan venka.osgeo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 20:44:31 PST 2015

Dear All,

This is a pertinent point raised by Daniel.

If LT is going to be appointed PCO for the FOSS4G
global hosted by OSGeo Foundation, I think it would
necessary for OSGeo and LT to conclude some kind of
MoU outlining steps to resolve conflict of interest
if and when they arise.

Without such a MoU in place, it is difficult for
me to understand LT's involvement as PCO.

I also agree Daniel's view about neutrality of PCO
and about OSGeo taking charge of any loses that
may be incurred during the conducting of the global
event.

Best

Venka