[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G 2017 host city selection result

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Nov 18 04:32:45 PST 2015

An early congratulations to Michael and the entire BLOC.  Of course also
thank you to the entire Ottawa and Philadelphia teams for their hard
work throughout this long process.

Michael please note that this is actually a "recommendation" to the
OSGeo Board, who will now have to approve this at the board level.  I
will likely allow board members to discuss this internally through a
voice call in the next few days as well.  Please hold off on any public
announcements (although unfortunately I see many twitter messages already).

Sanghee thank you for stepping into manage the final vote, as I know
very well it is a very important position, with more details to consider
than most realize.  You handled it well.  And let's not forget the
thankless work that Eli did to get all this rolling, it is an absolute
thankless position that many criticize but few volunteer to do, and I
appreciate all of Eli's work through this process.

Talk soon,

-jeff