[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G 2017 host city selection result

Andy Anderson aanderson at amherst.edu
Wed Nov 18 05:04:54 PST 2015

Hello, Claude and Jeroen,

Can you please be more specific about why this is a bad time period? Is it because everyone in Europe is taking vacation and won’t want to come to the conference instead?

FYI, in the US most businesses will not be shut down, and people have a lot flexibility as to when they take vacation (I hear we also don’t get as many days off ;-). As we indicated before, in the later week we run in to more colleges and universities that are beginning their fall programs. The following week is even worse.

— Andy, BLOC