[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G 2017 host city selection result

Claude Philipona claude.philipona at camptocamp.com
Wed Nov 18 05:19:59 PST 2015

Hello,

Yes it is about vacations. I think you should avoid the first 3 weeks
of August. Fourth 4 is ok most schools have started. Businesses are
not necessarily shutting down, but running and many will be on
vacation with family. I'm quite sure you would less people from
Europe. And I don't think many would be able to combine with family
vacation.

Regarding academic year, no problem here, as most universities start
the fall programs between mid-september and mid-october.

Is this really a problem to shift one week? The two other bidder a
week later no?

Claude