[OSGeo-Conf] Invitation to hear your wisdom about FOSS4G 2015

Peter Batty peter at ebatty.com
Tue Sep 22 12:54:14 PDT 2015

The rush of late registrations is a perennial challenge - it was the same
in Denver back in 2011. It certainly adds to the stress for the organizing
team and makes it harder to plan certain things.

My suspicion is that most people who register at the last minute didn't
decide to go at the last minute, they just missed the early bird
registration and then figured there was no rush to register, and didn't get
round to doing it until relatively last minute.

One simple idea might just be to more actively encourage people to register
sooner rather than later (after they've missed the early bird deadline),
and let them know that this helps us to plan the event. A lot of people
probably just haven't thought about the fact that registering late makes it
harder for the organizers, and if you point that out to them (in email
blasts, social media, on the web site, etc), it might encourage more people
to register sooner.

Cheers,
    Peter.