[OSGeo-Conf] Fwd: [AvidGeo/foss4g2017] Page build warning

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Wed Aug 31 14:43:13 PDT 2016

Hi Guido,

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 2:12 PM, Guido Stein <guido at guidostein.com> wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> We have updated our website to include the welcome video and the two
> keynotes we have secured so far.
>
> I was wondering two things:
>
> 1) Whom should I ask to resolve the issue that github is warning me about?
> Should I open a SAC request or is the foss4g domain handled by someone else?

Yes, probably work with SAC.  You can review the previous work here,
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1628.  You could even reopen or
reference that ticket.

> 2) At what point can we update the foss4g.org site to show Boston as the
> next event? Perhaps this is also a SAC request?

I think that this was or is handcrafted static html.  It sounds like
the process is currently changing,
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2016-August/014485.html  (and
more in that thread).  You could probably join in and figure it out
and update it.

I just happened to check the 2017 site which might want to drop
reference to FOSS4G-NA 2016 and FOSS4G Bonn 2016 as future
conferences.  Or maybe you already did and that's what there updates
are about.

Best regards, Eli