[OSGeo-Conf] FOSS4G 2018 Decision Time

신상희 shshin at gaia3d.com
Mon Dec 5 14:40:49 PST 2016

+1

Sanghee

2016. 12. 5. 오후 10:14에 "Peter Batty" <peter.batty at gmail.com>님이 작성:

I think we can move to the voting stage and your suggestions sound good
Steven.

Cheers,
    Peter.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 5, 2016, at 4:49 AM, Steven Feldman <shfeldman at gmail.com> wrote:

Conference Committee Members

The question period is now closed. I think the the Dar es Salaam team have
answered the questions, it is for you to decide whether those answers are
satisfactory.

The selection process now allows for a period of discussion amongst the CC
members (possibly an IRC) however given the small number of questions and a
sole bidder I am not sure what would be gained from a further discussion.
Can you respond within the next 48 hours if you wish to schedule a
discussion, otherwise I will move on to the voting stage.

Re voting. I think that we should follow the process and hold a vote even
though there is only one proposal for consideration. My suggestion is that
we include a second option in the vote - “No to Dar es Salaam”. I am not in
any way say suggesting that there is anything wrong with the Dar proposal
or that I would vote against it but I am suggesting that in a secret ballot
anyone who is opposed to the Dar proposal should have a way of registering
that vote. In the event that the no vote exceeded the yes vote we would
then recommend to the board that we recommence the selection process.

If the CC view is that my suggestion is an unnecessary bit of bureaucracy
then I will proceed in whatever way you suggest. Either way can you confirm
your preference at the same time as indicating whether you want an IRC
before voting.

Cheers and seasons greetings to you and yours
______
Steven