[OSGeo-Conf] Conference committee members

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Wed Mar 9 13:51:30 PST 2016

On Sun, Mar 6, 2016 at 4:46 AM, Steven Feldman <shfeldman at gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems I am out of step with the majority of opinions expressed.

My opinion is that committee participation should be open to anyone
who shows up and competently and constructively does the needed work.
Substantial portions of this committee's work has been completed on
this email list by non-voting participants of the Conference
Committee.

One can show up and do the work without being a voting member the
committee as well.  Once you are doing the work, then someone can
motion for you to be added as a voting member.  Presumably,
international FOSS4G chairs and maybe some regional chairs will have
interacted with the committee enough to have already established this
baseline of work and can skip straight to a motion at the conclusion
of the conference.

> Do we need a formal motion and vote or do we just invite Maxi to join the conference committee?

I prefer formal motions for any non-trivial decision with a subject
line like, "Motion: whatever" or even "MOTION: whatever" so that when
looking here, http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference_dev/ or
searching nabble for motion, I can find our history.  Also, so our
history is clear, motions should end in definitive conclusion.

Eli