[OSGeo-Conf] Lessons learned 2014 & 2015

Michael Terner mgt at appgeo.com
Mon Sep 5 11:01:24 PDT 2016

+1 This is *great* advice and a handy cook book for a strong academic track
within the global FOSS4G conference.

Thanks to Till for adding it to the Wiki.

The Boston team believes there is the potential for a very strong and
rigorous academic track as part of 2017 as we already have Harvard, MIT,
Tufts and Amherst College directly participating in our LOC. And we've
communicated with, and have interesting in supporting from UMASS and Smith
College people as well, and hopefully Helena will consider working with us
as she and I discussed at FOSS4G NA in Raleigh. In addition, Andy Anderson
(cc'ed) of Amherst is Chair of our Program Committee. We will look forward
to applying this advice and also potentially gathering an academic track
advisory committee for 2017.

Thanks again to both Till and Venka for putting this in play...

MT

*Michael Terner*
*Executive Vice President*
617-447-2468 Direct | 617-447-2400 Main
Applied Geographics, Inc.
24 School Street, Suite 500
Boston, MA 02108
www.AppGeo.com
*Celebrating our 25th Anniversary *

--
This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential or legally
privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient or otherwise