[OSGeo-Conf] [Board] [OSGeo-Discuss] Conference Committee F2F meeting

Venka venka.osgeo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 19:19:06 PDT 2016

Hi Guidi and all,

On 2016/08/26 1:18, Guido Stein wrote:
> I have added my notes and action items from the meeting on the wiki.
>
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Committee_F2F_2016

Thanks for your notes of the meeting.

"Rest of World years should target a minimum of a break with a lower
expectation of the share of surplus being returned to OSGeo. A larger
share of any surplus should be reinvested into local OSGeo activities."

Regarding the note above, such special arrangement should apply
only when FOSS4G is organized in/by communities of the
Low or Lower-Middle Income Economies as defined by the World Bank and
WHO [1]. Cost of living and PPP [2] is considerable different in
Low or Lower-Middle Income Economies and thereby the conference fee
could be considerably lower.

FOSS4G-2015 in Seoul adopted a special pricing for participants for
Low or Lower-Middle Income Economies, which could be adopted in future
conferences.

"Rest of the World" would surely not include high income countries
listed in [1], I think.

Best

Venka

[1] https://datahelpdesk.worldbank.org/knowledgebase/articles/906519