[OSGeo-Conf] Conference reports 2015 & 2016 for inclusion in RfP 2018

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Tue Sep 6 09:05:51 PDT 2016

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 8:56 AM, Steven Feldman <shfeldman at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have done a quick copy and paste to create this rough page
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Past_FOSS4G_Reports
>
> I have applied some simple formatting to 2014 - would anyone like to pick
> this up and tidy up 2004-2013? Note that tables haven’t come over as tables
> but the main content is there.
>
> Sanghee and Till could you update the page with reports from 2015 and 2016
> (when you have had your wrap up)
>
> Questions for all on this list:
> 1) should we be gathering any other info?
> 2) should we separate out the FOSSGIS reports and other non FOSS4G reports
> or does this provide a more useful resource if all are combined?
>
> I have put a link to this page into the Handbook in the See also section
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Handbook#See_Also should it be there or
> somewhere else. i have also put a link to the Reports on the main Conference
> page
>
> I intend to redraft the RfP over the next few days - my aim is to trim it
> down to 13-15 pages with links to the Handbook and the Reports given
> priority over loads of text, are there any other resources that I should
> include?

When I revised a previous RFP, I thought that we might want to leave
the PDF format.  We could go to something like html from markup or
something else like this.  A lot of the edits you make will be simple
year changes, url changes, etc.  Some of that could be addressed with
just editing variables.  If nothing else, looking at a previous year
diff might make it fast and easy to make the current year diff.  Or we
could remove the year specific information and write a general
document.

Best regards, Eli