[OSGeo-Conf] [Board] MOTION : Conference Committee - Updating Membership Policies and Process

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Fri Sep 23 10:10:27 PDT 2016

I think that the Board guidelines are generally very good and we
should adopt something very similar to that (I think that the existing
committee guidelines are already similar.).

The part I don't like is the 100% vote participation.  I also don't
like the 50% vote since most committees, PSC, and other bodies I've
participated on or observed don't regularly meet that percentage.

I like the Board procedures [1] augmented by something like the
general committee guidelines [2] which only requires very low
participation.

"As long as the motions collect at least two +1's, and no -1 vetos
over a period of two business days, they will be considered passed,
subject to the judgement of the chair (who might choose to defer a
motion to a meeting for instance)."

People who have run votes for the conference committee have required
incredible effort to get participation.

Best regards, Eli

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Voting_Procedure
[2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Committee_Guidelines