[OSGeo-Conf] [Board] Amended MOTION (items 1-5): Conference Committee - Updating Membership Policies and Process

Steven Feldman shfeldman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 07:53:07 PDT 2016

I am voting -1

I would prefer that we adopted the Conference Committee Guidelines which allow more flexibility. I am not convinced that there is a case for differentiating the conference committee from all the other committees.

I wish to be clear that I do not want my -1 to constitute a veto, it is an expression of strong disagreement. The current voting scheme does not have a vote that expresses strong disagreement, the Board voting procedures say "A vote of "-0" indicates mild disagreement, but has no effect”. I want my vote to have effect and to be registered as a vote against the motion.

If there is a majority in favour of the motion I will accept the majority view which I believe is the way that this committee and all OSGeo committees should operate.

______
Steven