[OSGeo-Conf] Voting officer needed for FOSS4G 2018 selection

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 23:56:33 PDT 2016

Hi Thomas,

I suspect that Lime Survey provides the ability to guarantee the that
the voting process hasn't been tampered with - ensuring that we can see
who has voted, the results of the vote, but not how each person voted.
(Jorge, can you please confirm this is the case).

Such a voting system is preferable to having a person acting as a CRO,
where the integrity of the CRO might be questioned. (Thomas, this is
more of a protection of the CRO, rather than a question of the CRO's
integrity).

Warm regards, Cameron

On 28/09/2016 7:51 AM, thomas bonfort wrote:

> Hi Jorge,
> Thanks for the offer.
> Given the number of voters from my point of view it seems easier to
> handle this manually than to setup and track a limesurvey. I'm fine to
> back off with my offer if the limesurvey proposal is preferred.
> Best regards,
> Thomas
>

> On Sep 27, 2016 11:35 PM, "Jorge Sanz" <jsanz at osgeo.org
> <mailto:jsanz at osgeo.org>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Thomas,
>
>     At this very moment I'm happily working to set up the Board of
>     Directors voting on the LimeSurvey instance Geo-Spatial community set
>     up for OSGeo.
>
>     It's easy to use (and I can assist you) to give to the Conf Committee
>     a place to do the voting with reminders, tokens and everything, if you
>     think it's worth.
>
>     Best regards
>

>     On 27 September 2016 at 22:46, thomas bonfort
>     <thomas.bonfort at gmail.com <mailto:thomas.bonfort at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     > I can volunteer to be cro for the votes. I will be more or less
>     offline
>     > from Oct.24 to Nov.21 but that does not seem to interfere with
>     the 2 voting
>     > periods.
>     > With regards to accountancy, I propose that each voting member
>     include a
>     > token known only to himself that will be published alongside the
>     voting
>     > result, thus providing a way to be sure his/her vote was
>     accounted for
>     > correctly.
>     > Regards,
>     > Thomas
>     >
>     >
>     > On Sep 27, 2016 9:18 PM, "Steven Feldman" <shfeldman at gmail.com
>     <mailto:shfeldman at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     >>
>     >> Hi
>     >>
>     >> We need someone who is not a member of the conference committee
>     to act as
>     >> Voting Officer for the 2 stages of voting to select the host
>     for FOSS4G
>     >> 2018. Full details of dates and voting procedure at
>     >> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2018_Bid_Process
>     <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2018_Bid_Process>
>     >>
>     >> Any offers?

> [...]