[OSGeo-Conf] Start 2019 RFP / Board discussion about RFP for FOSS4G-2019

Steven Feldman shfeldman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 06:03:48 PDT 2017

2016 was in august and attracted 940/950 people
2017 was in august and attracted 1140 people
That's record attendance 2 years running (in August)

Doesn't look like August is a big issue for us in the northern hemisphere.
I also heard from some of the organisers that they were able to obtain lower rates for venues in August

I think we should leave it to LOCs to propose the dates that work for them based on regional holiday patterns, pricing, weather and any other constraints they may have

Now I'm going back to my end of august holiday ;)

Steven