[OSGeo-Conf] Review of 2 proposals for hosting FOSS4G 2019 until Dec. 15th

Till Adams till.adams at fossgis.de
Mon Dec 4 23:43:31 PST 2017

Dear Conferenc Committee!

as I already wrote earlier this week, we have now received two wonderful
and exiting proposals for hosting FOSS4G 2019. The 2019' conference will
definitely take place in Europe. We have SLOC (Sevilla LOC) and BLOC
(Bucharest LOC) in the race.

We have linked to the proposals in [1] and also created the Q&A WIKI
pages for the question period. This period runs from now until *15 of
December*. Please take your time, check the proposals and ask your
questions on this list. I'm sure the teams are very interested in
responding to all the crazy things we want to know. I then will sum up
the questions on the WIKI pages (or feel free to directly write your
questions there and link to the WIKI in an email to this list).

The procedure for stage 2 this year has not changed and is as follows:
On December 15th, I will ask all eligible members of this committee to
vote for their favorite and send it to our electoral commission. The
voting period ends on december, 18th 24h CET!!! We can't count votes,
that come in later!

Between *16th* and *18th* of December, send your vote independently to
our two assistants:

Jeff  <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com>

Frank <warmerdam at pobox.com>

The team that receives more votes will host FOSS4G 2019. If there is a
tie, we will pass the decision on the board.

Have fun (and budget some time for reading...)

Till

---

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2019_Bid_Process#Bid_Process