[OSGeo-Conf] Open open source, reduce registration fees.

b.j.kobben at utwente.nl b.j.kobben at utwente.nl
Thu Feb 9 08:58:03 PST 2017

One option not mentioned yet is to cap the conference attendance to max 500 or so, then you can find conference facilities in universities (and possibly even also accommodation there), making it possible to have very "accessible" conference fees.

 I am not saying I particularly favour this option, and there are many questions (eg. on how to cap -- first come first served?) but it is a possible way to bring costs down...

--
Barend Köbben